- What do I need for a basic set-up?
All AtmosFX digital decorations that come in DVDs require a DVD player and a TV/Monitor, or Projector. From there, you can use your own creativity to decide where and how to use the digital decorations.
Check out this blog post on digital decoration basics!
- My AtmosFX digital decoration is not working, what do I do?
AtmosFX is focused on providing high quality products. If you recently purchased one of our DVDs and believe it is malfunctioning, please contact us at email@example.com with a detailed explanation of what is occurring.
- Can I create a setup where the digital decoration is triggered by a switch or action?
There are ways to create a trigger for the effects, and many advanced and professional haunters choose to do this. If you’re interested in this type of display, we recommend searching haunt and home haunter forums to find a solution.
- Is there a way to trigger the effects?
Some of our products feature trigger options. It's as simple as hitting the play button on your remote and doesn't need any complicated set-up. When the mode is enabled, the digital decoration selected will remain frozen until you press either 'PLAY' or 'ENTER' button on your trigger control. After the scene finishes playing, it will return to its original frozen state until you trigger it again.
- How do I project onto a window?
You will need to use a technique called rear projection. This is when the projector projects from behind the object instead of in front of the object. You will need to cover your window with some material or the image will shine through the window. AtmosFX offers two types of rear projection material for this purpose.
- What material works best for rear projection?
AtmosFX now sells two types of special rear-projection material for all of your window projection needs! The AtmosFX Professional Projection Material is optimized for both early evening to nighttime conditions, while the AtmosFX Standard Projection Material is great for all nighttime scares. You can find both on the Gear section of the Shop page.
For more budget-friendly options, we recommend experimenting with various materials. Our customers have had success projecting through white bed sheets, shower curtains, frosted window film, and more.
- What material works best to project onto?
To product a life-like effect, flat, light-colored surfaces are the easiest to project onto. However, don’t feel limited to just your walls, floors or ceilings! You can also project onto curtains, through windows, against heavy fog or onto whatever else your imagination can come up with.
- What type/brand of projector do I need to project AtmosFX digital decorations?
There is an abundance of choices in consumer video projectors, and we don’t recommend any specific brand. The important thing to look for in a projector is its brightness – we recommend finding a projector that's rated at 2000 lumens or more.
- If I don't have a projector, can I still use your digital decorations?
Yes! All of our effects can be displayed on a television or monitor.
- My projector doesn't hook up to a DVD player, how do I rip the DVD?
All AtmosFX digital decorations are copyrighted and all AtmosFX DVDs are copy protected. It is against company policy to recommend any method or ripping content, and it is against the copyright to copy any AtmosFX digital decorations.
- My projector doesn't hook up to a DVD player, do you have digital downloads available?
At this time, AtmosFX does not have general consumer-friendly digital downloads. AtmosFX has digital downloads available but these are intended for our professional haunt fans, and it is reflected in the price. Here is a link explaining our digital downloads as well as a link to the downloads.
- Can I display a single digital decoration through multiple projectors?
If you have a video splitter cable or video switch, you can play the same DVD through two displays. Please consult the manual you received with your splitter cable or video switch to learn how to do this.
- My projector casts a rectangular image of light on the edges. How do I make that disappear?
One simple solution would be changing the contrast and brightness settings of your projector. Another solution would be creating a ‘matte box.’ AtmosFX has a blog post on a simple and cheap guide on how to create one yourself.
- What general projector settings should I know about?
Keystone, Angle, Zoom, Throw, and Lumens are all important terms to understand.
Keystone is the corrective setting of changing a projected image if you angle your projector up or down.
Angle is the corrective setting of changing a projected image if you angle your projector left or right.
Zoom/Focus settings allow you to magnify your projected image.
Lumens is the measurement of light coming from your projector.
- How far away from a surface does my projector need to be?
Each projector is different, so there isn’t a standard distance that works for all situations. Consider factors like the size of the area you’re hoping to cover, the brightness of your projector, and the mounting options you have for your space. For the best results, you should make sure that your projector can cast a bright enough image and you’re able to mount it in a location where it can be hidden. We encourage you to play around and find the solution that works best for you.
- Is there a specific angle the effects need to be projected at?
Most of our video effects are best viewed when projected straight onto a surface, although we understand that there are certain haunt situations where this is not possible. Luckily, most projectors allow you to modify the angle and keying of the image. We recommend that you experiment with different angles to find a solution that works for you.
- What is the difference between short throw and long throw projectors?
Throw relates to the image magnification specific to each projector. Short throw projectors are able to produce a larger image at close range to the projection surface while long throw projectors perform the opposite. You can also look at the ‘Throw Ratio’ rated by your projector. The smaller the throw ratio number, the larger of an image your projector will produce.
- Do I need a specific type of DVD player?
AtmosFX digital decorations work with most DVD players currently available. You may encounter issues with older DVD players that have a track cap underneath 999 tracks, but this issue is a rare occurrence.
- Which is the best digital decoration I should buy?
- What is the aspect ratio for AtmosFX’s digital decorations?
All of AtmosFX’s digital decorations have an aspect ratio of 16:9 except for Triple Thrill Pack, which has an aspect ratio of 4:3.
- What is the run time for ___?
Since each AtmosFX digital decorations feature multiple effects, runtime varies from a few seconds, for startle scare effects, to a couple minutes for looped effects.
- Which AtmosFX digital decorations are appropriate for children?
From the AtmosFEARfx line: Creepy Crawlies 2, Tricks and Treats, Ghostly Apparitions, and Jack-O’-Lantern Jamboree.
From the AtmosCHEERfx line: Celebrations Party Time, Santa’s Visit, and Winter Wonderland
You should still evaluate whether or not you feel the subject matter of this product is appropriate for your children.
- Do you have any new products coming out?
- I have a great idea for a digital decoration. Can I share it with you?
Absolutely! We are always interested in hearing ideas from our fans. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do your digital decorations have sound or music included?
Yes, each digital decoration is accompanied with its own thematic sound effects.
- How do your create the digital decorations?
They are a mix of live action, CG effects, 3D and digital production work.
- I live outside of the USA. Will AtmosFX products work on my DVD player?
All AtmosFX products are coded Region 0 and should be compatible with all international DVD players.
- Do you have digital downloads available?
At this time, AtmosFX does not have general consumer-friendly digital downloads. AtmosFX has digital decorations available but these are intended for our professional haunt fans, and it is reflected in the price. Here is a link explaining our digital downloads as well as a link to the downloads.
ATMOSFX PROJECTION MATERIAL
- What is your refund policy on Projection Material?
All AtmosFX Projection Material sales are considered final and cannot be exchanged, returned, or refunded.
- Does projection material work for rear projection?
Yes! The AtmosFX projection material is ideal for rear projection usage and can be easily applied to any window.
- Can I reuse the projection material?
Yes! Due to its static cling nature, it can be easily taken down and reused. Number of uses is dependent on its care. To store, roll up the material and place in a safe area where it cannot get damaged.
- How do I apply the AtmosFX Projection Material?
1. Make sure your window is clean before applying AtmosFX projection material.
2. If using the Standard Projection Material, peel away the white paper backing from the material.
3. Spray your window with water.
4. Place the smooth side of the AFX Projection Material onto your window.
5. Using a squeegee or another straight, firm object, push out air bubbles by working your way from the inside out to the edges.
6. To remove, simply peel the material off your window, store until your next use.
- What is the difference between the Professional and Standard?
The Standard is ideal for dark nighttime situations. The Professional works well in environments dealing with more ambient light, such as early evening to dark nighttime situations.
- My windows aren’t the same size as your projection material. What do I do?
If the projection material is bigger than your window surface, you can cut the material to the necessary size. If you do not want to cut the material, you can also use some tape and tape the material against the frame of the window.
- Is there a way to make the blood look redder?
If you project onto an all-white background, the blood will have a deep, blood-red appearance. You can experiment with different backgrounds or environments to achieve the different results.
- When I rear project ‘Words of Warning’ through a surface, the text is backwards. How do I fix this?
You will need to review your projector manual to see if your projector has the ability to invert the image so the words are displayed correctly to the audience when rear projecting.
CREEPY CRAWLIES 2
- What is the movie that plays in the background?
A video clip of Nosferatu.
- Is Creepy Crawlies 2 appropriate for children?
Yes! Creepy Crawlies 2 does not contain any blood, gore, or violence.
- Would this work well as a hologram or pepper’s ghost?
Most definitely! One of the original intentions of Ghostly Apparitions is to provide an excellent source material for a hologram or pepper’s ghost effect.
Read our blog on using Ghostly Apparitions: http://atmosfearfx.com/blog/entry/creating-the-perfect-materializing-ghost-effect
- Can you project Jack-O’-Lantern Jamboree directly onto pumpkins?
Yes! There is a special mode on the disc that allows you to project just the animated pumpkin faces onto your own pumpkins!
- Can I switch the characters so they sit in a different order?
No, you cannot change the order of the pumpkins, but you can choose between displaying one or three pumpkins.
- Can I show just one of the pumpkins, instead of all three?
Yes! If you want to just show off one pumpkin instead of all three, you can choose to do this through the DVD menu system.
- How many songs are on the DVD?
Jack-O’-Lantern Jamboree features 2 full length and completely original Halloween songs.
- How long are the songs and stories?
Each song and story varies in length. You can either choose to loop one song, one story, multiple songs, multiple stories or everything!
- Are the audio tracks available?
- Are there any options on Jack-O’-Lantern Jamboree that don’t require audio/sound?
You are more than welcome to use Jack-O’-Lantern Jamboree without sound, but including the audio does provide a more entertaining experience.
- Do you have the songs and/or stories available without video? Can I get the audio tracks?
- Are there any language options available such as subtitles or different languages?
SHADES OF EVIL
- How do I project this on a window?
You will need to use a technique called rear projection. This is when the projector projects from behind the object instead of in front of the object. You will need to cover your window with some material or the image will shine through the window. AtmosFX offers two types of rear projection material for this purpose. http://shop.atmosfx.com/collections/gear
- Is Shades of Evil appropriate for children?
Even though Shades of Evil doesn’t feature any blood or gore, it does feature adult themes and subject matter that may be inappropriate for children.
TRIPLE THRILL PACK
- What is included in Triple Thrill Pack?
Triple Thrill Pack includes three of our previous digital decorations products on one DVD: ‘Terrorvision,’ ‘Flames from Hell,’ and ‘Lunatic’s Lightning.’
- Does Triple Thrill Pack have multiple DVDs?
No, Triple Thrill Pack contains three products bundled on a single DVD.
- What type of television would ‘Terrorvision’ work best on?
You can play all AtmosFX digital decorations on any television that’s connected to a DVD player. For an extra chilling touch, consider playing ‘Terrorvision’ on a vintage television set or wood-paneled TV!
- Is there any way to take out the window frame lines from ‘Lunatic’s Lightning’?
Lunatic’s Lightning has a singular lighting mode. If you are interested in silhouette effects with additional lighting and display, check out Shades of Evil or Tricks and Treats!
- What are some of the best ways to display ‘Flames From Hell’?
Flames From Hell can be displayed in a wide variety of locations, but look especially cool when used in a fireplace, stove, furnace or anything else you want to display evil, possessed flames.
- What size frame do I need to project the effects into?
The physical frame(s) should have a 4:5 aspect ratio (i.e. 4x5, 16x20, 20x25, etc), but as long as it confirms to that ratio, the frame can be as big or small as you’d like. Of course, the size of the image you project will depend on the throw of your projector and its distance from the wall.
- I’m trying to display the ‘Family Feud’ scene on my television, but can’t find it. Where did it go?
Family Feud is a scene option that is only available in Projection Mode when displaying two or more portraits at once.
- How many characters are in UnLiving Portraits?
UnLiving Portraitsfeatures three different characters to choose from: a stern gentleman, a beautiful debutante, or a creepy little girl. You also have the option of cycling through all three characters, and in ‘Projection Mode’ you have the option of displaying two or three side-by-side characters at once.
- How many scene options are there for each character?
Each character has three scene options to choose from ‘Withering Heights,’ ‘Eyes On You,’ and ‘Living Nightmare.’ Additionally, you have the option of cycling through all three scenes on a constant loop.
- Can you play it on a loop or can they be triggered manually?
All UnLiving Portraits effects will loop indefinitely, but the ‘Living Nightmare’ and “Family Feud’ scenes also offer a trigger option, which enables you to manually control when it starts to play.
- How long does it take for each scene to play?
Each scene plays for 15 seconds to a full minute, depending on which option you choose. The Play All option plays for approximately 5.5 minutes.
- Where is Plaster Disaster?
Plaster Disaster can be found by navigating to Projector > Standard > Interior > More Scenes > Plaster Disaster. It is only available in Projector Mode.
- Does this product feature any less-scary options?
Yes, the silhouette modes do not include any blood or gore, making things a little less gruesome.
- I just placed an order. When will you ship my item(s)?
Order fulfillment and processing takes between 1-3 business days from your initial date of purchase. When your order is shipped out, you will be sent a shipping confirmation email with your tracking number.
- Where is my tracking number?
You should receive an email notification 1-3 business days from your original order date with your tracking number. If you do not receive this notification, you may want to check your spam folder.
- I received my tracking number, but it has no information.
Please allow 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.
- How long does shipping take?
This is dependent on the shipping method you select. Shipping times cannot be guaranteed. They are only estimates based on the carriers’ delivery times, and do not include Customs processing. If your order will pass through Customs, please expect a delay.
- What shipping options do you offer?
We ship through multiple carriers and offer multiple shipping options. To view what options and rates are available, proceed to the second page of checkout.
- What is your refund/replacement policy?
AtmosFX has a no return policy on all products.
AtmosFX Projection Material All projection material orders are non-refundable as orders are custom cut and created based on customer orders.
AtmosFX Digital Decorations In the case that the digital decoration has an internal malfunction due to a programming error and not due to an external physical damage such as scratches or cracks, please send the faulty product to our corporate office for testing and a possible free replacement. Include your return address, a copy of your receipt, and an explanation of what occurred when playing so we can verify the malfunction.
Attn: DVD Testing
1518 NW 52nd St, Suite B
Seattle, WA 98107
AtmosFX products that have incurred damage while on delivery, please contact your local delivery carrier.
AtmosFX digital decorations products are both copyrighted and copy protected. AtmosFX does not condone the copying or duplication of our products for either personal or for-sale use. For any questions, please email email@example.com.
- I pre-ordered one of your products. When will I receive it?
When a new product is released, pre-order customers will be the first people to get their copy (or copies). If you pre-ordered an upcoming product, your order will be fulfilled by the date posted on the product page. If you pre-order a decoration and order another product at the same time, you will receive your full order in one package as soon as the pre-ordered product is available to ship.
- Are you available for custom work? How much does it cost?
AtmosFEARfx and its parent company, AtmosFX LLC, are available for custom work. If you are interested in hiring us to produce a custom digital decoration or video work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To properly set expectations, computer animation work is an expensive process and projects can cost anywhere between $4,000 to $15,000 depending on project specifics.
- Can I purchase a DVD player and a projector from your store?
No. AtmosFX does not sell DVD players, video equipment, or physical projection solutions.
- I am interested in carrying AtmosFX products in my store.
If you are interested in finding out how to sell AtmosFX products in your online or retail store, please contact us at email@example.com
- Do you provide special pricing for bulk orders?
AtmosFX offers discounts on bulk orders for retail partners and sellers. If you’re interested in carrying AtmosFX products in your online or retail store, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you ship outside of the USA?
Yes! Please keep in mind that international shipping does not include Customs processing. If your order passes through Customs, please expect a delay in your shipping time.
- I live outside of the US. Will AtmosFX products work on my DVD player?
All AtmosFX products are coded Region 0 and should be compatible with all international DVD players.
- I live outside of the US. How long will shipping take?
Shipping time is dependent on the shipping method you select. Due to the customs and importing procedures of your country, it can take from 2- 5 weeks. If you have ordered our products and are currently waiting for delivery, we recommend reaching out to your local mail carrier and reference the shipping number provided in your shipping confirmation email. Some carriers, such as USPS, will only track packages up to the point it leaves the US.